Systems Engineer – Linux/VMware/Storage
The successful candidate will be a primary contributor to the design, development and maintenance of innovative web application infrastructure that make up the company’s product line. Activities include:
â€¢ Requirements analysis and system architecture
â€¢ Install, configure, and update server software/hardware and perform maintenance
â€¢ Compare ideal and actual systems performance and recommend improvements
â€¢ Troubleshoot high-level problems
â€¢ Address system concerns and hardware failures
â€¢ Install software upgrades and security patches, and monitor intrusions
A competitive salary and benefits will be provided.
- At least 5 years of systems engineering experience in the design and implementation of Internet based application infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux/Windows System and Network Management, NGINX configuration, VMware Administration and EMC SAN hardware.
- Integrating Linux, Unix and Windows environments using Samba, NFS, etc.
- Strong communication skills are required as well as experience developing in a team environment.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Windows System Administration and Network Management.
- Experience developing learning management systems, human resource information systems.