Front-end Web Developer
The Web Developer position will be based out of our New London Corporate office. The successful candidate will contribute to the design and development of innovative new products and the enhancement of our current line of applications. We are looking for a creative problem-solver who can take a good design or wireframe and bring it to life with modern, clean, responsive, and tested code that works in modern browsers. (That’s right, no IE8 here!) The ideal candidate will be a creative, passionate and quick learner who enjoys being a part of a team.
- Working under the direction of an application designer and the UX Lead, develop web applications with the latest in front-end technologies.
- Collaborate on all aspects of functionality, features and interface; from user story creation through to effective problem-solving (issue identification, researching and identifying the best open-source solutions).
- Support software applications and components by identifying and communicating data needs and flow with back-end developers.
- Communicate build and deployment requirements to the technical lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of distributed source control software and Agile software development.
- Browser debugging and performance testing.
- Ability to play a role as a team player.
- Willingness to learn new things.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with AngularJS, or Ember.js, and a front-end framework such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Knowledge of Java, Mule, XML, XSLT, Web Services, and JDBC.
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL, or PostGreSQL databases.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus.